PARA 2008: History
Starting in 1994, a series of workshops on Applied Parallel Computing, named PARA94, PARA95 and PARA96, were successfully organized by the Danish Computing Centre for Research and Education (UNI-C) and Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modelling of the Technical University of Denmark (IMM/DTU) in Lyngby, Denmark. Jerzy Wasniewski initiated these workshops where also Jack Dongarra got involved during a longer visit to Lyngby, helping promote the meetings internationally. Since 1998, the workshops have become a Nordic effort, but both Jerzy and Jack have continued to be an integral part of the meetings. The main themes and locations of these and upcoming meetings are summarized below:
- PARA94 Theme: Parallel Scientific Computing, Lyngby, Denamrk.
- PARA95 Theme: Physics, Chemistry and Engineering Science, Lyngby, Denmark
- PARA96 Theme: Industrial Problems and Optimization, Lyngby, Denmark
- PARA98 Theme: Large Scale Scientific and Industrial Problems, Umeå Sweden
- PARA00 Theme: New Paradigms for HPC in Industry and Academia, Bergen, Norwahy
- PARA02 Theme: Advanced Scientific Computing, Helsinki, Finland
- PARA04 Theme: State-of-the-art in Scientific Computing, Copenhagen, Denmark
- PARA06 Theme: State-of-the-art in Scientific and Parallel Computing, Umeå, Sweden
- PARA08 Theme: State-of-the-art in Scientific and Parallel Computing, Trondheim, Norway
- PARA10 10th Workshop in June 6-9, 2010, Reykjavik, Iceland.
Link to DBLP page with references to all PARA proceedings
Please mail comments re. this page to: E-mail: elster-at-idi.ntnu.no (replace -at- with @)
This page was last updated on Feb. 25, 2008. Comments welcome.