PARA 2008 Hotel info
This hotel provides an awsome atmosphere, has beautiful newly renovated rooms and provides free wireless internet to hotel customers.
Britannia is also one of 4 hotels in Norway listed
link to complete list here
The special negotiated conference rates are:
- Call the hotel booking service at +47 73 800 810 and mention Group no. 90961
- Send booking request through e-mail to email@example.com and mention Group no. 90961
- room and breakfast bag at door -- single room: NOK 795
- room and breakfast bags at door -- double room: NOK 895
- room and breakfast bags at door -- tripple room: NOK 1045
Stay for May 17!Seventeenth of May - Norway's National Day celebrations. If you have not been to Norway on May 17, this will be a very special treat whether you stay in Trondheim to watch our 3 parades or stop over in Oslo and watch the 2+hr children's parade passing the King's Castle. All of Norway will be celebrating waving our Norwgian flags in honor of our Constitution signed on May 17, 1814! Note: Norway was until 1814 part of Denmark, then "given" to Sweden after Denmark sided with Napoleon (and lost). Norway became independent from Sweden in 1905 (peacefully!), but managed to get the constitution written in 1814 right before joining Sweden.
Norway and Trondheim Information
- Minifacts about Norway -- by Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Official travelguide to Norway
- "www.trondheim.com" Official Trondheim website.
- "www.virtualtrondheim.com" -- virtual guide, accommodationion, restaurants, attractions.
- "www.visit-trondheim.com" -- Another online guide to activities, accommodation, attractions.
- NTNU webcam .
- Photos of NTNU by Roger Midstraum Associate Chair, Comp. & Info Sci, NTNU
HPC at NTNU and Norway
- Njord: Norway's national supercomputer for operational weather forecasting, is hosted at NTNU. Njord is a 900+CPU IBM System p5+ configerd with 8 dual-core CPUes per node, performing at 7 TeraFLOPS peak. It was installed in November 2006.
- NTNU Computational Science and Visualization Program
- HPC Research Group in Computer Science is lead by PARA 2008 Chair Anne C. Elster
- NOTUR: Norway's National HPC Infrastructure Program
coordinates access to Njord and other national HPC resources,
including larger installations at
Univ. of Bergen, Univ. of Oslo and Univ. of Tromsø.
See Notur Hardware
for updated info and details.
Please mail comments re. this page to:
E-mail: elster-at-idi.ntnu.no (replace -at- with @)
It was last updated on Jan. 31, 2008. Comments welcome.